Please visit the Granby Public Schools, Health Services page for Updates on COVID-19 as well as the following:
Kimberly Cosgrove, RN BSN
Clinic Hours: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Telephone: 860-844-3048 Ext. 1
Jodi French, RN, School Nurse Supervisor
The winter months bring many illnesses that can make you and your child feel downright awful. Here are some tips to get you through these challenges:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school, you will he prevent others from catching your illness.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Hydrate! It takes a lot of water(8-10 glasses/day) to keep your body running smoothly
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. If you are sick this should be done daily.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Consult with/call your primary health care providers for persistent or concerning symptoms.