Screen size – 11.6”
Memory – 2 to 4GB
Cost of power cable/charger = $25 Case = $20
Chromebook Use and Care
Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook that is issued to them by the school district. Students are expected to use same Chromebook for a period of 3 years. Student devices that fail to work properly should be reported immediately and brought to the school’s media center for further diagnosis. A temporary loaner may be issued to the student.
USING YOUR CHROMEBOOK AT SCHOOL
- Chromebooks are intended for use for educational activities directed by the classroom teachers.
- Google Docs and Chrome are used for school purposes only
- Students are reminded that they must follow the district’s policies and regulations for technology use and responsible use
- Inappropriate use of the Chromebooks will result in disciplinary action
- Students should log in with their Granby Google Apps/Gmail account.
- Do not have any food or drinks near the Chromebook.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Try to avoid contact with the device’s display screen in order to avoid damaging it. This includes your finger, a pen, a pencil or any other item.
- Do not place your Chromebook on uneven surfaces where they might be subject to an accidental fall.
- Avoid placing or dropping heavy objects on the top of the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks should not be exposed to excessive heat or cold. They should not be exposed to over 100 degrees or under 32 degrees.
- Do not block air flow when device is on.
- Damage, loss, or theft should be reported immediately to main office or media center
- Keep your Chromebook in the case provided for you when not in use.
- Carry your Chromebook by the handles of the provided case. This will help to avoid it sliding off of your books and dropping.
- Transport Chromebooks with care.
- Chromebook lids should be closed and secured when moving.
- Do not carry your Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with lid closed.
Screens can be easily damaged. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the device when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks)
CHARGING YOUR CHROMEBOOK
- The Chromebooks hold a charge for about 8 hours.
- Charge your Chromebook at the end of each day and come to school with it fully charged and ready for use.
KEEPING YOUR CHROMEBOOK CLEAN
- Never use any product containing any alcohol, ammonia, or other strong solvent to clean your Chromebook.
- Recommended Cleaning Solution & Steps: See your teacher for cleaning supplies as needed.
- Create a gentle cleaning solution comprised of 50% water and 50% white vinegar.
- Disconnect the Chromebook from power and ensure it is off – this means SHUT DOWN.
- Apply the solution to a cotton cloth, lint free microfiber, chamois, or some other very soft cloth. Never use paper towels or tissues. Never apply the solution directly to the Chromebook.
- Wipe the cloth against the screen of the Chromebook in a circular and consistent motion. Rapid circular movements tend to eliminate streaking. Ensure that you apply even pressure to the cloth but not so much as to cause damage to the screen.
- Repeat these steps for cleaning the outer case and keyboard of the Chromebook.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow any dust or foreign particles from under the keyboard.
Protecting and Securing Chromebook
- Student Chromebooks are labeled by the school. They can be identified by the school with security numbers and district tags.
- Students are required to use their Granby School Google Apps user ID and password to access their accounts
- Student are required to keep their passwords confidential
REPARING YOUR CHROMEBOOK
- The equipment vendor has a one year hardware warranty on the Chromebook.
- The vendor warrants the Chromebooks from defects in materials and workmanship.
- This limited warranty covers normal use, mechanical breakdown or faulty construction and will provide normal replacement parts necessary to repair the Chromebook or Chromebook replacement.
- The vendor warranty does not warrant against damage caused by misuse, abuse, or accidents. Granby recommends purchasing an accidental damage insurance policy if possible.
- Please report all Chromebook problems to the school’s main office and/or media center